I heard somewhere that up to 70% of people receive gifts they don’t really want for Christmas. I know a gift is a gift but for those that are pretty practical, it causes the extra headache of re-gifting (which has to be very strategic, mind you) or returning or exchanging.
So the Asians may be onto something when we give money in red envelopes to celebrate our holidays.
This year, the lucky rabbit makes way for the prosperous dragon as more than 14.7 million Asian-Americans prepare to celebrate the Lunar New Year on January 23rd. To mark the “Year of Good Fortune,” American Express is offering a limited-edition Year of the Dragon Gift Card that features the traditional depiction of a dragon. This is another step by American Express in celebrating and embracing diversity. The limited-edition Year of the Dragon Gift Card from American Express follows the success of last year’s Year of the Rabbit Lunar New Year, Diwali and ¡Felicidades! Gift Cards.
Take a look… isn’t it festive?
They certainly remind me of the red envelopes I would get come Lunar New Year. All the “grownups” hand over red envelopes to the “kids” (and yes, you can be 24 and still be a kid). The ones who married and had kids don’t get anymore but have to give to their elders instead. Perhaps this may be why I’m in no hurry to marry?
At our house, it’s considered lucky to keep your red envelopes under your pillow for a week. I say, of course that’s lucky! You have money under your head!
Speaking of luck, FIVE (5) of you lucky ones will win a $50 American Express Gift Card to be used for anything your heart desires! (Anywhere that accepts American Express, of course)
HOW TO ENTER:
1) THIS GIVEAWAY IS ONLY FOR SUBSCRIBERS to Audrey Magazine. (Wanna get Audrey? You can subscribe HERE.
2) FOLLOW: Audrey Magazine on Twitter and Facebook.
3) SPREAD THE WORD: Retweet the contest to your friends. Link @audreymagazine so we’ll see you did this! Also repost on your Facebook wall and tag @audrey magazine.
* If you’re not on Twitter or Facebook, you can still enter! Instead of tweeting…
4) COMMENT BELOW: Tell us what you wish to accomplish in the year of the water dragon!
YOU MAY ENTER AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WISH!
Contest ends FRIDAY, JANUARY 30.
You must have a U.S. mailing address to win. Best wishes and Happy early Lunar New Year!