Happy Earth Day! One of my Earth Day resolutions is to break my addiction to chemicals — the kind of chemicals with names like butylene glycol, polyphenol something or other, and paraben. So to help all of us take that first step, we’re offering a giveaway that will not only help maintain Earth’s natural beauty, it’ll do a little revitalizing for your own beauty routine as well. That’s because skincare line Pomega’s Pomega5 Healing Cream was just nominated a top 10 finalist for the Eco Beauty Award presented by the Cosmetic Executive Women (CEW) .
We all know that pomegranates are a major antioxidant superfruit, both to eat and for its skincare benefits. And Pomega, as its name implies, knows pomegranates. The California-based company offers a complete line of therapeutic skin care made with organic, cold-pressed pomegranate seed oil. Utilizing rare Omega 5 oil extracted from pomegranate seeds, the Pomega5 line is formulated to reflect a balanced combination of essential fatty acids, botanical extracts and essential oils, without the use of any parabens, petrochemicals, fillers or synthetics. What does that mean for you? Less wrinkles, less dark spots (hate them!), a more lit-from-within glow.
In addition to sustainability in formulation, Pomega5 products are packaged in 100 percent recyclable materials. The Healing Cream’s plastic pump is ECOCERT-certified, and the airtight design protects the organic ingredients from oxidation and preserves the product’s integrity. Pomega, a member of Green America’s Green Business Network, doesn’t use packaging boxes wherever possible and uses environmentally-friendly materials for packaging and shipping, including recycled paper stock for sales and marketing collateral.
The CEW Eco Beauty Award, established to encourage sustainability within the beauty industry, recognizes products that are environmentally-friendly in both formulation and packaging, and Pomega5′s Healing Cream is in the top 10. Results won’t be announced till May 20 in New York City, but you can try out their products now!
Now we’ve got a set of the Pomega5 Healing Cream, as well as Pomega5′s newest product, the Botanical Eye Contour Cream, to give away to five lucky Audrey readers. Made with a similar formulation as the Healing Cream, the Eye Contour Cream helps reduce dark circles and de-puffs with the following ingredients:
* Pomegranate Seed Oil – Rich in Omega5 to promote cell renewal, stimulates collagen production and minimizes free radical damage.
* Blue Green Algae Extract – Rich in Omega3 to decongest, high in protein to strengthen skin and vital minerals smoothes, promotes cell regeneration and detoxifies.
* Horsetail Kelp Extract – Reduces dark circles by helping heal broken capillaries. Also a concentrated source vitamin K to reduce dark circles.
* Cucumber Extract – A mild astringent de-puffs while hydrating and relieves inflammation.
* Orchid Extract – Supports elasticity, protects against moisture loss, promotes cell renewal, and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
* Pomega’s patent-pending botanical preservation system and fruit-based emulsification system
Together, the set retails for $145, but five Audrey readers will get it for free! What better way to celebrate Earth Day than to start greening your own beauty regimen? All you have to do is comment below and tell us how you make your beauty regimen eco-friendly (or if you don’t yet, how you plan to start). You have till Wednesday, April 27, 11:59 pm PST, to comment, and you must have a U.S. mailing address to win. Good luck!
Pomega5 is available at select spas, including Bliss Spa in New York and California, as well as at health/wellness stores nationwide, select online retailers, and at www.Pomega5.com.