The One-sided low pony shown at 3.1 Phillip Lim
Key Hairstylist: Odile Gilbert for PHYTO
Inspiration: “The modern female dandy-stemming from individuality, balance and delicacy,” shares designer Phillip Lim. Lim adds, “The dande-lion is colorful in spirit, subtle in her way. She has evolved to exist in modern time, she has the strength of a lion and is subtly whimsical in her approach, she is the Dande-lion.”
Step by step:
1. Spray Phytovolume Actif volumizing spray to the root and work through hair.
2. Blow Dry. (Product is heat activated.)
3. Side part hair, leaving enough to create (or give the illusion of) a side swept bang.
4. Pull hair back into a low pony, then twist hair to create an easy chignon. Pin.
5. For bang: Spray Phytolaque soie light hairspray to 3 front pieces.
6. Curl pieces with a curling iron, creating ringlets.
7. Pull 3 piece “bang” to side as if you were creating a braid, and leave one piece free to fall along face. Twist, then pin pieces above the ear.
8. Finish with Phytolaque medium hold hairspray.
9. Apply Phyto 7 crème de jour leave-in conditioner to smooth hair.