Avocados aren’t just for eating anymore.
Native to Mexico, Guam and Central America, avocados contain vitamins, antioxidants and a number of essential nutrients that leave skin and hair healthy and moisturized. They contain over 25 vital nutrients including vitamins A, B, C, E, and K as well as minerals such as copper, potassium, iron, magnesium and phosphorus. Clearly, avocados are a natural way to to nourish and better your physical appearance without the harsh chemicals of beauty products.
Check out some of our favorite avocado beauty secrets below!
Avocado Hair Mask
1) Mix one ripe avocado, one egg, and one tablespoon of lemon juice.
2) Apply to damp hair and secure hair into a bun.
3) Leave in hair for 30 minutes, then rinse with shampoo.
Avocado Face Mask
1) Mix two ripe avocados, natural honey, and natural yogurt in a bowl.
2) Apply paste to face, and let sit for 15 minutes.
3) Rinse with warm water.
Avocado Eye Mask
1) Mix a ripe avocado and aloe vera gel in a bowl.
2) Spread evenly under your eyes, and let sit for 10 minuntes.
3) Wipe gently and splash face with warm water.