Runway Rundown co-founder and Korean American stylista Kim Halzle is back with spring trends to cash in on now.
I’m back to give you the wrap up on a few more key trends for Spring. Still not sure about what key pieces to buy for a fresh new Spring look? Not sure how to utilize your existing wardrobe and
incorporate it with the new trends? Fret not! The exciting thing about fashion is that you can make it your own. Don’t be intimidated by expensive price tags and statement pieces that don’t seem ﬁtting to
your lifestyle. Mix and match these trends at a researched and affordable price and you’ll be feeling and looking like a million bucks before the snow melts!
Trend 1: Stripes
A standout pattern amongst a crowd of notables for the season will be stripes. Bold, chunky, skinny, vibrant, this list goes on and the multiple ways they can be styled is endless. Another thing we love
about stripes for the season, as they are traditionally known to give off a nautical look this season ﬁnds them more youthful and artistic. Mix and match and show your stripes this season!
Inspired from the runway: Jason Wu, Jil Sander, Fendi
Here are my picks to buy:
1. Splendid Striped Jersey Sweater from Net-A-Porter $74
2. Leatherette Diagonal Striped Clutch from Forever 21 $12.80
3. Tall Sequin Stripe Skirt from TopShop $110
Trend 2: That’s So ‘70s
Get your disco nap in while you can because once this trend picks up speed it will be dancing the night away for you! The popular ’70s trend is a great outlet to merge a few trends into one: wide leg
pants, stripes and color. All key factors that go into making up this legendary trend and if you’ve followed any of my previous trend tips for shopping you’re practically on your way to owning this look!
Inspired from the runway: Derek Lam, Marc Jacobs, Marc by Marc Jacobs
Here are my top picks to buy:
1. 7 For All Mankind Bell Bottoms from Shopbop $198
2. Alexis Long Halter Dress from Pink Mascara $269
3. Joan Vass Striped Crewneck Top from Neiman Marcus $78
Trend 3: Neutral Tones
Like we can count on the snow to melt each year, just the same we can on neutral tones to be the building block for Spring palates. Known as the seasonal color that all Spring collections are built on,
neutral tones easily bring a lightness and fairylike element that we so look forward to after a heavy dark Winter palette and it is the easiest tone to lead towards to transition into Spring. Wear them any
way you wish from a great pair of slacks to a dainty and demure dress or even utilize the tone in a classic suit.
Inspired from the runway, from left: Elie Tahari, Burberry, Catherine Malandrino
Here are my top picks to buy, from left:
1) MM Couture Drape Mini Dress from REVOLVE $92;
2) Embellished Cowl Neck Top from ASOS $94.82;
3) Contrast Trim Tulip Skirt from ASOS $41.38
Trend 4: Sheer Style
Why do I love the sheer trend?…let me count the ways:
1. There is no better way to capture the bohemian look then with sheer ﬂoral prints.
2. You can’t get much sexier than leaving a little to the imagination with the help of sheer materials
3. The lightness and movement that lace and silk give of is a perfect way to ﬂip your wardrobe into high gear for Spring.
Inspired from the runway: Emilio Pucci, Alberta Ferretti, Alberta Ferretti
Here are my picks to buy:
1. Free People Sheer Maxi Slipdress from Nordstrom $98
2. Sheer Embroidered Skirt from ASOS $75.86
3. Patterson J. Kincaid Silk Tunic Blouse from Bloomingdales $98