If you’re a fan of the K-Town reality show – then you should also take a look at the producers’ next new show: <em>Roll Models</em>. Set in Southern California, <em>Roll Models</em> follows the lives of various Asian American import car models and gogo dancers. While there’s a plenty of negative talk and controversy around the show – we appreciate that this show adds on to the Asian American experience – namely, Asian American youth subculture. Hate it or love it – it’s a show featuring a predominately Asian American female cast. I’m definitely tuning in to watch.
Now, while we wait for the show to premiere on the 27th on the LOUD Channel, we did a fun 20 questions interview with some of the cast members – next up, Danielle Lo!
(Also check out our previous interview with Gina Darling <a href=”http://t.co/Dm3tgR4bLe”>here</a>!)
NAME: Danielle Lo
AGE: Perceived as a 12 yr old…actual age: 24.
ETHNICITY: 1/2 Chinese, 1/8: English, Irish, German and Austrian. Although I’m commonly mistaken as Hispanic or Filipino.
WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Born and raised in Northern California
WHERE DID YOU GROW UP? (see above)
GIVE US ONE REASON WHY EVERYONE SHOULD TUNE INTO ‘ROLL MODELS’: <em>Roll Models</em> is exactly that…models on a roll, doing their thing. It gives our fans, friends and viewers and inside perspective on the import scene, and the modeling aspect of the industry. Ever wonder what girls talk about when they’re together with their friends? When you watch <em>Roll Models</em>, you get to see exactly that! Girls, being girls. It also exposes Asian American culture in Orange County. I used to think I was more in touch with my Asian side of the family, but some of my friends here like to refer to my family as the “Asian” version of the Brady Bunch.
1. Your go-to karaoke song: A$AP ROCKY’s <em>F*CKIN’ PROBLEMS</em>!
2. Last time you cried: While being filmed on <em>Roll Models</em> O.O
3. What always makes you laugh: When people sacrifice their own humiliation for the sake of entertaining others. More often that not, I am normally the one making fun of myself in order to cheer people up.
4. Your go-to comfort food: This is very difficult, I love all types of food…so I will leave this answer blank. Although I will note that unlike most girls, I do not turn to chocolate or sweets for comfort. Maybe some Mexican food! YUM! Haha.
5. Last thing you ate: BBQ at my friend’s house.
6. Currently on “repeat” on your ipod: My current morning cycle of songs are: <em>Like Whaaat</em> by Problem, <em>High School</em> by Nicki Minaj and <em>Beautiful Goodbye</em> by Maroon 5…very different songs, but I general find songs that I like and play them on repeating cycles for a few weeks until I get tired of them and move on to the next set of songs I find.
7. A guilty pleasure you don’t feel guilty about: Eating…a lot, whatever I want, whenever I want. I grew up with a family that loves to cook, eat out and have people over for gourmet potluck dinners! Thank goodness for fast metabolism and good genetics! When the day comes, where it starts to slow down I will get my butt in gear and hit the gym…food is the one thing I will never be able to deprive myself of.
8. Current favorite place: My bed! Haha.
9. Favorite drink, alcoholic or otherwise: MILK! Yes I am weird – and sadly I am allergic to milk, but I don’t care! Haha, I’ve even been crazy enough to order a large cup of milk from Starbucks. Maybe that’s my REAL guilty pleasure – because even though I’m not supposed to have it…I drink it anyways.
10. Current obsessions? Can’t think of any….WORK? LOL
11. Pet peeve: People cracking their joints. Just the sound makes me want to gag!
12. Habit I need to break: Late night snacks! I just can’t help it!!! Staying up late, my body is using fuel and requires more food at later hours. I know it’s not good for you, so I’m trying to cut back.
13. Talent you’d like to have: I wish I could be a b-boy dancer! Break dancing is so awesome!!!!
14. Word or phrase you most overuse: I think everyone who was a part of the Roll Model show can answer this question! “Yeah…Uh-huh” *nods head*
15. Most treasured possession? My puppy, Mollie!
16. Greatest fear? That the standards of love and principles of marriage have changed and that the bonds and relationships that existed during my grandparents’ time no longer exists.
17. Favorite childhood pastime or memory: All of my memories of myself as a child were great! I miss being young, wild and free-spirited…I love reminiscing of my mom, dad and sister and our strong relationships growing up.
18. Motto? Life is what you make it.
19. What’s cool about being Asian: Asians are diverse! We can be geeky, goofy, dorky, sexy, nerdy, witty, creative, artistic OR all of the above! Plus our food! Haha, I love all types of Asian cuisine! Living near Westminster and Garden Grove has its perks!
20. If you weren’t doing what you are doing now, what occupation would you be doing? Hmmm, that is hard to say. I am at a point in my life where I am taking things as they come. I haven’t committed to a set occupation because I’m not sure of what exactly I want to do, and I don’t want to limit myself. Thankfully, through my networking within the import scene a lot of different doors have opened. It’s nice to try new things!
More info about the show: <a href=”https://www.facebook.com/RollModelsShow”>https://www.facebook.com/RollModelsShow</a>