It’s a well known fact that rice has always been a major part of Asian cuisine and Asian culture. A much less known fact is that our ancestors utilized rice in ways outside of consumption. For instance, rice water has been used as a face cleanser for years and years.
While you may not think to use rice on your face, there are actually a number of benefits. Rice water contains vitamins such as B1, E C. The minerals in the water can help can shrink pores and tighten, brighten, and soften skin. Most importantly, rice water is perfect for sensitive skin– it is one of the most gentle cleansing agents.
The best part about all this is that rice water is one of the most simple cleansers to make. Just follow these short steps to make your own cleanser at home:
1) Rinse a cup of rice to get rid of dirt. Just run in through the water the same way you would clean rice before cooking it.
2) Once cleaned, place the rice in a bowl and pour more water over it.
3) Let the bowl of rice and water sit for 15 minutes. This will allow the vitamins and minerals to transfer into the water.
4) Drain/ separate the rice from the water. That’s all there is to making it! You now have the natural cleanser.
5) Gently massage the rice water on to your skin and you will feel it tighten and soften.