As the host of How Do I Look? on The Style Network, Jeannie Mai knows a thing or two about looking good and, perhaps more importantly, how not to look bad. Here, her do’s for that upcoming class reunion, and her top five summer reads.
CLASS REUNIONS Do’s:
1) Do slim down! A great way to do this for your high school reunion is to try a quick tune up, like Yoplait Light’s new Two Week Tune Up plan. You could lose five pounds in two weeks to help get you back on track and feel your best this season.
2) Do shop early. Once you have a date and an idea of the dressiness of the event, you can start the search for an outfit. Locate the dress before you buy shoes or accessories.
3) Do update your look. A new outfit doesn’t have to be young and trendy, but ladies, it does need to show that you’ve progressed over the years! Make sure your hair and makeup have changed over the years, too.
4) Do choose classic, flattering silhouettes in solid colors and let a low-key outfit put the focus on you, not your clothes.
5) Do chillax! Remember, everyone else is stressing too! Once you get there and start seeing old friends, catching up, sharing baby pics and swapping email addresses, you’ll find that your preoccupation with looks will start to disappear. Drink up and have fun.
I am always looking for ways to better myself and help others reach their full potential. That’s why I feel these five reads are the best for summer, so you can be ready to succeed when your break is over.
1) The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk
2) Gracenomics by Mike Foster
3) 5: Where Will You Be in Five Years by Dan Zadra and Kristel Wills
4) The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts by Gary Chapman
5) 25 Ways to Win With People: How To Make Others Feel Like a Million Bucks by John Maxwell