In the past, we’ve brought you all kinds of great makeup tutorials like the puppy eye, to try this summer. But before you go plying your face with eyeshadows, liners and mascaras, it’s important to remember that you first need a solid, hydrated base in order to keep your skin nice and smooth throughout the day. We understand it can get pretty tedious to have to add even more steps to your daily routine, so we found a simplified “hydration expression” technique tutorial featuring Soko Glam’s Charlotte Cho, courtesy of Refinery29.
First, you’ll need these products:
Here are the steps:
1. Spray facial mist evenly on face, accordingly to skin tone. For those of you with oily T-zones, you may want to apply a little less.
2. Wait for the mist to sink in a bit, then mix one part BB cream and one part serum on the back of your hand.
3. Using your finger, dot your face with the BB cream-serum mixture.
4. Use a foundation brush to even out the the dots. Alternatively, if you do not have a brush, you can also simply use the pads of your fingers to smooth them out.
5. For a little more pop of color and energy, you can also apply a cream-based blush or lipgloss if you prefer.
6. For the final step, spray one more light round of mist and you’re ready to go!
Get the products here: