A couple weeks back, we brought you the new fashion trend of the summer — origami skirts. They are the perfect choice of clothing for days when you’re sick of wearing shorts and want to look a little bit more dressed up.
But like any other fashion trend, sometimes we hit a bump when we find cute pieces, but don’t necessarily know what exactly to wear with them. Luckily for us, we found Vancouver-based Ivy Xu that has mastered the art of wearing the origami skirt, and it turns out there are plenty of ways to style it. You can also follow her at her blog here.
Here are some of our favorites:
1. Pair it with a boxy top in a geometric print and, of course, some heels to make the look more polished.
2. Pair it with a casual tee for days when you’re running errands.
3. A fedora, an embroidered vest and a slouchy white tee lends a music festival feel.
4. Going to a party? Dress it up with a fancy necklace and a cropped sweater.
5. Nothing says badass like a snapback with big bold metallic letters, along with a chic black leather jacket and chunky heels to pull it all together.