IN THE COMMUNITY

ucla-3
College

10 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Went To College

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

1) Find the Balance Your first year of college is similar to a trip to the buffet. You’re excited, you’re hungry, and you want to eat as much as you possibly can. The more experienced buffet-goers

READ MORE
messy bedroom
College

The Annoying College Roommate Guide

by Kanara Ty
(No Comments)

I remember it all too clearly. I squished myself and a cart full of luggage into an already-packed elevator, walked down the hall to my dormroom, placed my hand on the doorknob, took a deep breath in,

READ MORE
vietnam
News

Vietnam Talks Marriage Equality

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

Over the years, Vietnam has gained a rather poor track record when it comes to human rights issues. USA Today notes, “Vietnamese bloggers, folk singers and journalists are behind bars for deed

READ MORE
hair-stockings1
News

Anti-Pervert Stockings: Analyzing Rape Culture

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

Little black dress? Check. Fake lashes and an unforgiving amount of eyeliner? Check. Heels so high that you’ll regret it in the morning. Check. Hairy-leg stockings to protect yourself from unsol

READ MORE
RanchoCucamonga_619x350-525x296
News

Rancho Cucamonga Chinatown House Listed on 11 Most Endangered Historic Places in U.S.

by Kanara Ty
(No Comments)

The National Trust for Historic Preservation released their 2013 list for the 11 Most Endangered Historic Places in the U.S., which includes the Rancho Cucamonga Chinatown House. For those who aren

READ MORE
xl_intelconference-e1369366125356
News

This Girl is On Fire: Eesha Khare Makes a Device that Charges Cellphones in 30 Seconds

by Kanara Ty
(No Comments)

“Design and Synthesis of Hydrogenated TiO2-Polyaniline Nanorods for Flexible High-Performance Supercapacitors” – say what? Well, that was the name of the winning experiment of 18-yea

READ MORE
jessica lee
News

The “Best Yearbook Quote” Award Goes To..

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

Jessica Lee. The “Best Yearbook Quote” Award definitely goes to Jessica Lee. Her yearbook quote “Fluorine uranium carbon potassium bismuth technetium helium sulfur germanium t

READ MORE
nail salon
News Television

Reactions to Racism in an Asian Nail Salon

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

We’ve all seen the endless jokes about Asians who work in nail salons, massage parlors, and donut shops. This is often an easy target for stand-up comedians such as Anjelah Johnson and her popul

READ MORE
eyepatch-japanese-girl
Let's Talk About Sex News

Eyeball Licking: a Sexual Fetish?

by Kanara Ty
(2 Comments)

While there are a good number of unusual sexual fetishes out there – this by far, is probably one of the more unusual I’ve discovered: eyeball licking. Yes, you’re reading that right

READ MORE
hair edit
Breaking the Myth

Breaking The Asian Myth | Asian Hair

by Ethel Navales
(1 Comment)

Asian Hair   If there’s one Asian stereotype we’re all very familiar with, its Asian hair. No one knows when this actually happened, but at one point people began thinking that all Asian wo

READ MORE