IN THE COMMUNITY

earthquake china
News

Earthquake in China Claims Lives and Injures Hundreds

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

On Monday morning, an earthquake with an estimated 5.9-6.6 magnitude hit the farming area of northwest China prompting landslides and destroying hundreds of buildings. Early reports from the official

READ MORE
asiana_chinese_victim
News

Asiana Flight 214: Mystery of Ye Meng Yuan’s Death Confirmed

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

The Plane Crash of Asiana Flight 214 is certainly not behind us yet. In fact, more and more tragic news seems to head our way. For instance, although two victims were found dead on the scene, that was

READ MORE
phone cracker
Dining News

Strange Product of The Day: Edible iPhone Case

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

Because iPhone’s are one of the worlds most popular smartphones, we’ve come across our share of strange iPhone cases. We’ve seen cases covered in fur, cases made to look like a porta

READ MORE
cheerios
News Online

This Video Warms Our Hearts: Children React to Bi-Racial Cheerios Commercial

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

Earlier this summer, a Cheerio’s commercial showing an interracial couple/family sparked negative backlash. A disturbing amount of people voiced that they were uncomfortable about the commercial

READ MORE
koreanharassed
News

Korean Woman Harassed by Caucasian Foreigners

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

A disturbing video has gone viral and has created a storm of online debates. The video clip is a mere 78 seconds, but within that time we are able to see two Caucasian males openly harass a female in

READ MORE
Trayvoning
News

Shameful New Trend: Trayvoning

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

We live in a world of social media trends, but we don’t always seem to enjoy them. Planking, a trend which had people literally imitate a wooden plank, gave us a few laughs, but eventually died

READ MORE
shavedicecontest
Events

Tasty Summer Nights: 626 Night Market

by Kanara Ty
(No Comments)

We couldn’t pass this chance up to post up this photo of our very own Ada Tseng (Contributing Editor at Audrey) winning the shaved ice eating competition at a recent 626 Night Market event (she&

READ MORE
forever alone
College Love 101

Post College Blues: Forever Alone… at 23?

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

“Now that college is over, I don’t know how else I can meet the love of my life. I’m destined to be a cat lady.” This is the part where the late-twenties laugh at the absurdity of my g

READ MORE
on July 6, 2013 in San Francisco, California.
News

Flight 214 Crash Presents Opportunities for Racism

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

When the Asiana Airlines Flight 214 jet crashed into San Francisco airlines, you would think that people would understand the seriousness of the situation. You would think that a crash which injured 1

READ MORE
Screen Shot 2013-07-05 at 12.39.48 PM
News

A Future For Female Engineers

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

There seems to be no argument here- the engineer world is dominated by males. When I was an undergrad in college, this fact became extremely obvious. In an engineer lecture room, you could count the f

READ MORE