IN THE COMMUNITY

kcon 2013
Events Music Parties and Red Carpet

KCON 2013 | Proof That Kpop is Not Just For Koreans

by Ethel Navales
(2 Comments)

I first became interested in Kpop with the release of DBSK’s Hug in 2004. Like any young fangirl, I blew up my social media sites with pictures and videos of my newfound love. At the time, howev

READ MORE
jindal
Events

How NOT To Deal With Racism: Bobby Jindal Talks ‘Hyphenated Americans’

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

Bobby Jindal, the current Governor of Louisiana and the Chairman of the Republican Governors Association, recently wrote a story on race for Politico, an American political journalism organization. &#

READ MORE
studyabroadboats
College Travel

Studying Abroad? 5 Things You Must Do

by Katherine Chou
(No Comments)

This is the season for wet goodbyes and shy hello’s. Many of us are leaving home, some for the first time, to study abroad in world capitals and rural villages. No matter which end of the metrop

READ MORE
Osaka mayor delivering a speech
News

Osaka Mayor Remains Defiant Over Comfort Women Remarks

by Audrey Magazine
(No Comments)

by Steve Han Osaka Mayor Toru Hashimoto asked that San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors retract its condemnation of his remarks justifying Japan’s use of sex slaves during World War II. In a lette

READ MORE
craigslist
News

Creepy Craigslist Listing For “Young, Gay, Asian Waiter”

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

Most of the racist things that I come across online (and trust me, I’ve seen my fair share of them), typically create emotions of anger. While I can’t say this craigslist listing is comple

READ MORE
mcds
News

Asian Woman Kicked Out of McDonalds Because of Her English Skills

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

Receipts for Asian customers labeled “Ching Chong”, music videos that insult and stereotype our women, people ranting on the internet about how Asians annoy them –   Yup, we’v

READ MORE
there-are-no-regrets-quotes-cover
College

Back to School Guide 2013 | College Regrets

by Karly Shimamoto
(No Comments)

When it comes to the question of how to make the most of your college experience, there is no “correct” answer. Everyone’s experience is different and valuable in its own right. However, there a

READ MORE
kal penn
Events Film Online

Kal Penn Responds to Being Called A “Racist Asshole” for Stop and Frisk Remarks

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

Earlier this week, actor Kal Penn put himself in the line of fire. A federal judge had ruled that the Stop and Frisk Policy was unconstitutional and called for the New York Police Department to create

READ MORE
Chaya Downtown LA’s Brie Cheese Tempura, Yellow Peach Marmalade | All photos by Howard Lee
Dining Entertaining Events

Event Recap: Plate by Plate Los Angeles 2013

by Courtney Hong
(No Comments)

National volunteer organization Project by Project hosted its 11th annual Plate by Plate Los Angeles tasting fundraiser event at Vibiana in downtown LA on Saturday, August 3. Hundreds of attendees enj

READ MORE
SF-disoriented-LINE-BRIDGE1
Events

Dis/orient/ed Comedy Show in San Francisco on 9/07 – Win Tickets!

by Ethel Navales
(No Comments)

Haven’t heard of Dis/orient/ed Comedy? Well sit back and read up because this is a show you won’t want to miss. Dis/orient/ed Comedy is making history books by being the first-ever all

READ MORE