Being 19, the thought of my own wedding is just too far away, but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming and making a list in my head for everything that I would need for that perfect wedding. But how am I supposed to plan my future wedding without some inspiration of what’s available and, more importantly, possible (as I have some crazy ideas in mind)? A Soolip Wedding, a stylish gathering of all things beautiful for one of life’s most inspirational moments – the wedding — is designed so “couples leave truly inspired with their wedding planning galvanized,” says Wanda Wen, creative visionary of A Soolip Wedding and founder of Soolip Paperie & Press, a fine stationery company.
A Soolip Wedding will hold two separate events open to the public, with more than 40 vendors gathered together to celebrate the aspects of weddings that make them unique and unforgettable. The venues will be decorated with the floral creations of Krista Jon Floral and will feature kitchen essentials from Williams-Sonoma. Letterpress invitations by Soolip Paperie & Press will be included as well. Food tastings, including wedding cake and champagne, will also be offered to guests, along with expert panel discussions and a luxury raffle and gift bag. The newly-engaged can also plant a garden together at the Couple’s Garden. The seed symbolizes the beginnings to their life together, which will eventually blossom into a divine garden, as beautiful as their marriage.
During the Los Angeles event on Sunday, March 6, an informal fashion show will take place which features Claire Pettibone bridal gowns and David Yurman timeless jewels. For the formal runway fashion show, attend the Soolip Wedding event in San Francisco on March 20. You’ll be able to witness the breathtaking gowns of Oscar de la Renta, Carolina Herrera and Marchesa on the runway.
Some of the participating vendors and panel members include:
1. Claire Pettibone of Claire Pettibone Couture Bridal: specializes in couture bridal, luxury lingerie and bluechair (lifestyle collection)
2. Krista Jon Levandofsky of Krista Jon Couture Designs: known for creative use of succulents and unusual flowers
3. Leigh Grode of Cake Divas: creator of exquisite wedding cakes
4. Tiffany Emch of Ojai Valley Inn: awarded coveted 5-Diamond Award for excellence; specializes in intimate weddings
5. Christian Schmidt & Pierino Jermonti of Terranea Resort: a breathtaking oceanfront resort on Palos Verdes Peninsula; specializes in weddings
6. Yuki Sharoni of Yuki Sharoni Beauty & Lifestyle: one of the leading hair salons in Los Angeles; offers a menu of services for bride and grooms
7. Jacqueline Foster of Wayne Foster Entertainment: creates atmosphere of romance and significance through music
8. Marly Majcher of The Party Goddess: a high-end, full service catering and event planning company
9. Denis Ritchie of Bu’s Blend/Malibu Compost: repairs the soil’s ecosystem, saves water and serves as a source of humus for plant and managing soil health
10. Allison Kornberg of The Los Angeles Times Magazine, Plan My Wedding blog: updated daily with questions and polls for her readers to weigh in on decisions for her upcoming wedding
A Soolip Wedding
Date: Sunday, March 6, 2011
Time: 11 am – 3 pm
Venue: Bel Air Bay Club
16801 Pacific Coast Highway
Pacific Palisades 90272
Date: Sunday, March 20, 2011
Time: 11 am – 3 pm
Venue: Bently Reserve
301 Battery Street
San Francisco 94111
Tickets: $35 online or $45 at the door; purchase at www.asoolipwedding.com or call 310-360-1055
No related posts.