Split skirts have been around for years, but recently, we’ve seen them make some major appearances in both street wear and on the red carpet. Split skirt comes in different lengths and slits, but what makes the front slit split outstanding is that it has a classiness to it, even with the same amount of thigh-baring.
It seems that the front split skirt trend has caught the attention of some of our most favorite Asian bloggers and can be seen in Asian street wear. The trend has even been picked up by Asian flight attendants (see below) looking to spice up their bland uniforms.
Go ahead and take a few minutes to look at different styles of front slit skirts and see how you can make the look truly yours:
1. Yes, we all thought this was a dress, but they are actually two separate pieces. A monotone top and bottom, both with front gaps, recreates the original pieces to look like an entirely different outfit with edginess.
2. Slits don’t need to be too deep. Just a good amount of bottom skin revealing with a cozy sweater is the perfect go-to outfit this fall.
3. Make use of your denim shirt with a distressed split skirt to boast the ultimate modern woman look. You can easily create your own distressed pair without spending a lot of cash on buying one. Click here for the DIY tutorial.
4. The beautifully layered line on this skirt, which opens up elegantly on the middle, is the answer to your date-night outfit. It’s the perfect mix of classy and sexy.
5. Flight attendants taking their fashion onto another level with front slits. I know which airline I’m now taking when traveling to China.
6. One slit is not enough. This long denim skirt layered with a white dress is no doubt the winner for the day.
–STORY BY MICHELLE KIM
Cover photo courtesy of http://tiaalesewong.com/category/outfits/